I’m completely overwhelmed by the support I’ve received recently in writing my blog. I’ve received 3 new nominations in March and would love for other bloggers to check out the bloggers who have nominated me. I’ve decided to try something new here, so I’ve combined it in one post. The nominations are:
Sunshine Blogger Award from Moments with Cynthia
Liebster Award from Angela Rainbow, and
Versatile Blogger Award from Working mum – to be or not to be
I missed it, but a little while ago, I was nominated for the “Sunshine Blogger Award”, by Moments with Cynthia which is so lovely. If you haven’t checked out her blog, do it! Her site is filled with inspiration.
“The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given from a blogger to fellow bloggers to recognize each other. This award was given because he/she considers my blog to be inspiring , positive and brings sunshine to the lives of its readers”.
I hope you too find inspiration in my site!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
-Thank the blogger who nominated you.
-Answer the 11 questions asked.
-Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
-List the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
1) Who inspires you?
I don’t think there is a single person, but lots of people, all of whom I respect very much.
2) What encourages/pushes you to blog?
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. “”
3) If you didn’t blog would you be doing something else?
Probably cross-stitching. I have a couple to finish…
4) Favorite book?
Don’t really have a favorite. I’m reading “Dinner with sceptics” at the moment which is quite interesting.
5) What would you change about the world today?
6) What country are you in right now?
7) Where do you want to be in 5yrs?
Debt free, possibly home-schooling, and done a lap of Australia. But those are my plans….
8) Favorite color?
I like earthy neutral natural colors.
9) Favorite meal?
Breakfast! Bacon and eggs are good.
10) Favorite emoji?
Thank you so much to Angela Rainbow for nominating my blog to the “Discover New Blogs” Liebster Award.
Angela writes about practical things in an interesting and engaging way. Definitely a must to check out the recipes! Always friendly and encouraging, I’m glad to have found this blog. Oh and your questions are incredible! Have really enjoyed thinking about them all.
Here are the Rules for Accepting the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display and link to the award on your blog.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (optional)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated
11 Questions For Me
What made you start blogging?
I have always enjoyed writing, and reading too! It’s an outlet to the things that churn around in my mind, being somewhere that my thoughts can go to. The reason I started this particular blog is because of this, in Luke 10:2
“And he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. “”
If you can choose to own one fictional gadget/tool, what is it and why?
A machine that washes, dries, irons, folds and puts away laudry. Because it’s a never ending job!
Name the strangest animal/living creature that you have seen.
I’m not sure…. maybe a platypus?
Can you live without the internet for a week?
Interesting question. I was introduced to the internet in about 2002. Before that we had a cd rom that had general and limited specific knowledge on it that you could search. I guess that it depends on what I would be doing in that week…
If you can fully learn one new language/skills today, what do you want to learn?
I’d learn all about becoming self sufficient by gardening, recycling etc. to be able to live off grid.
If you can change one thing in this world, what is it?
I’m always hesitant to answer this question from the point of view of changing the past, because then life as I know it today would not be the same. I really like where I’m at right now. I do fear the future for my children however with the way that the world is going so, maybe I would remove all things not in keeping with God’s fruits of the spirit from this world.
What is the one housework you hate/love to do?
I do not enjoy washing dishes!
Which movie character do you want to be?
The best I can come up with right now is one of the characters from the new Jumanji. I just love the compassion there. Also, it’s an excellent movie if you haven’t seen it yet. I love how they remembered Robin Williams in it. Fantastic movie.
When you meet the creator God, what is the number one question you would ask?
Can I meet my babies that I couldn’t meet on earth.
What was the most horrible/disgusting food you have ever eaten?
Tell us one thing you are passionate about.
Here are my 11 questions to my nominees:
- If you could tell your teenage-self anything, what would that be?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favorite film or book growing up?
- What kinds of things bring you joy?
- How do you handle fear in your life?
- Where are you from?
- What would you like readers to take away from your blog?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Please link your favorite blog post- yours or someone else’s and tell us why is it your fave.
- What is one thing you hope to achieve in 2018?
- Do you honestly read the blogs from people that you followed?
I’m genuinely interested in reading your answers!
And my nominees are:
Live! Balancing life with Jovita
Grace Life Collections
Personal Growth and Success Blog
Thoughts for change
Rejoicing in Hope
I nominated you all to say thanks for sharing your posts, I’ve enjoyed reading the one’s I’ve linked above, keep going!
I was surprised to be nominated for the Versatile blogger award again (yay!) This time by Working mum – to be or not to be. Love this raw honesty, and you will too, take a look!
The Versatile Blogger Award was created to feature and recognise blogs that have unique content, high quality of writing, and fantastic photos. As the webpage about the Versatile Blogger Award says: Honour those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.
The Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
Thank the person who gave you this award, and include a link to their blog.
Nominate blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
Share 7 interesting things about yourself that people might not know.
- I’m more of a morning person!
- I want to travel
- I want to homeschool
- I don’t like camping in tents
- I get up early to read my bible
- I like sitting on the beach
- WordPress is slightly addictive
- Elodie Tahiti (in French, however if you open chrome there is a translator)
- The Becca Files
- Sa Ritzy
- Deonte Towner
Please have a look at these wonderful blogs!